Welcome Friends To Holsom Heart Designs.....

Where one-of--a-kind items are waiting for
the unique and one-of-a-kind person that you are.



Friday, January 20, 2012

Fridays Featured Business = Beloved Embroidery

  This weeks  Featured business I met through Dizzybusy's Mamas' Train, which is  done nightly on Facebook and starting on her Network.  She was one of the "Consistent Businesses" that was showing up and I could have conversations with. And she is a VERY Talent Designer!
 
May I Introduce you to Beloved Embroidery


 
 What does your business create/off?
Beloved Embroidery  offers custom and personalized embroidery and unique gifts for the whole family. We work with you to create your special design. there is never an extra charge for custom orders.



 
 
 
How did you get started in your line of business? 
I have been involved with crafts for years and sewing  for over 45 years. I love the look of embroidery.  I did it the old fashioned was when I was younger (by hand), but it was tedious. Now, with the advantages of professional  embroidery machines, the possibilities are endless.
 
 


What inspires you?
I love looking through embroidery patterns and can spend hours thinking of ways I can use them. My customers also are a great inspiration; I have been asked " can you do this", or " can you  make this" and I love the challenge to see what I can come up with. And  I love material. There is just something about taking material, cutting it up, and making a useful article out of it.
 
 
 

Is there something special or favorite in your shop at the moment?
Yes. My terry cloth aprons are the biggest sellers and I am always hearing people say they have looked all over and never can find these aprons.  I have plain aprons, aprons with pockets, novelty aprons with pockets and a dish towel sewn into the waist band, and also bib aprons.


How do you promote your work?
I belong to craft groups, social networks and also email. Word of mouth has also sent customers to me. I carry business cards and pass them out all the time - doctor's office, dentist, department stores. i have even passed them out to police at our town parades, and at traffic stops; once they are done checking license, etc I hand them m,y card. If someone is with in arm's length, hand them a business card.
 What is something you have learned since starting your business?
You have to stay on top of it and advertise, advertise advertise. You cannot just set up a website and not market it. You have to continually " put it out there".

Any Advise?
If you are passionate about something, go for it. Never give up. Sucess does not come overnight.

You can find Beloved Embroidery at:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment