Welcome Friends To Holsom Heart Designs.....

Where one-of--a-kind items are waiting for
the unique and one-of-a-kind person that you are.



Friday, January 13, 2012

Firdays Feature = Treasure Seekers

 This week  Feature Business is  from New York ... State! Actually  Oneida, New York. She is one of the first people I met on Etsy that actually... talked to me!   April is a go getter and organizer and visionary and from her bio... well you read it  and tell me this woman isn't awesomely talented!

May I Present Treasure Seekers.....



 Tell us about yourself:

I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. I take friendship seriously. I do not gossip  or stab people in the back. I will be there if you need me if not  physically, then spiritually. So, if  you are looking for a real friend, I am it Do not use or abuse me.
I hate liars, cheaters, thieves, and fake people. So, if you are in my live to make me miserable then leave.

I am a wife, mother, a Certified Teacher's Aide. I own my own business. I am a Member of the Town Youth  Bureau. I have 3 Children; Christopher Austin, Daniel Klish, and Brooke Klish. I am a stepmother  to Josh, Shelby, Amanda, and Katrina Lewin. ( I call her super Mom for this reason!) I am a member of the Clockville Fire  Women's Auxiliary.  I was lucky enough to reconnect and marry the man I have loved since I was 14!


What does your business offer?
 Treasure Seekers is a family owned and operated multi-vendor market. We strive for friendly and excellent customer service. We also strive to provide a relaxed and Happy atmosphere and a clean safe environment for both vendors and customers. Our goal is to give back to the community by donating to the American Cancer Society and hosting fundraisers for several different organizations. Our vendors offer a variety of items such as glassware, crafts, gifts, CDs, DVDs, books, candles, vintage, antiques and so much more. New Vendors are always welcomed!

We also offer Estate Sale Services. If you are in need of selling the contents of an estate, we take care of the process for you. From the on-site consultation and generating the inventory list, to selling, we handle every aspect  of your sale with great care. Doing research on each item to get you the best possible price.

We serve the Madison, Oneida, and Onondaga Counties of New York.
 Are location is 1121 Glenwood Ave Oneida. NY






How did you get started in your line of business?

We started out doing craft shows. About a year later we set up a booth at a local vendor market. We went from there to an indoor year round flea market. I managed this for about a year. My husband and I had wanted to open just a small shop of our own, but then started to think... why not open another vendor market. We than started to look for a place to lease or rent. In May of 2011 we opened our Mini Mall with just 3 vendors. We now have more than 20.



What inspires you?

My husband. Also, I see what other shops similar to ares do and think how can we do it better or how  can we do it differently.

Is there something special or favorite item in your shop at the moment?

 We have such a large selection, that it's hard to choose one. So I will say this, when you walk through our Mall you can g from the  present to past  and back again in just a few steps. Some people get the feeling of nostalgia.

How do you promote your business?
We do newspaper ads, handout flyers, use our website and Facebook page/ We also  use some Facebook promotion pages.

 What is something that you have learned since starting your business?
A business goes through a lot of changes within the first year. I have definitely learned what not to do. The first year of  business is absolutely a learning experience.  You learn what you should do and what you should not do.  You learn that while in the store, your vendors are just that... vendors, but outside of the store they can be  your friends.

Any advise?
Stick to your guns. You cannot please all of the people all of the time.  Remember that it takes at least 3 years for a business to be successful. Listen to what your customers have to say. They are your best critics.

 You can find Treasure Seekers online at treasureseekers2011.yolasite.com or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TreasureSeekersCrafts or for the Estate Sales http://www.facebook.com/Treasureseekersesp1 and Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/treasure2011 Treasure Seekers Crafts Gifts and More

No comments:

Post a Comment