Welcome Friends To Holsom Heart Designs.....

Where one-of--a-kind items are waiting for
the unique and one-of-a-kind person that you are.



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jacket to purse act 2

Ok Back in April I had wrote I had gotten 3 jackets that I was turning them into purses. Well I Finally finished the one I originally started with!



So Here is the before:


 This tailored green print jacket wasn't bad looking, well  it was a nice print I thought... just not for a .. ah.. jacket. 

                           So Drum Roll Please!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


                                                  And as Terri would say 
                                                       "TahDah!"






I found that after ripping the darts out of the first front , that it would take to much tome doing that so? I decided to work with them and the curve of the jacket. Yup, Those buttonholes  are where they were on the jacket. I just folded and made the other side look similar. And Yes, those are the original buttons to it!




I also found a use for both of the pockets. One on the front under the flap and one on the back. either could be used to hold keys or a cellphone.
I lined it with a pink satin fabric. A zippered compartment and two smaller pockets on the inside. These were the easy things I did. Where I had run into the problem was with the way I had wanted to do the handle. I had used 2 "D" rings on either side and then attached the longer part of the handle. The problem I wound up having was my machine could not sew through 6 layers!  So after  several months of piled off to the side I found a way to get the look I wanted.

Now I'm debating whether to sell or keep it!



5 comments:

  1. That's cool. Nice vision. Like the satin lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Kath! You're very talented and creative with that sewing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I can see you learned alot in that home ec class! LOL! I was born and raised in the Milwaukee area, were are you in WI?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi I learned how to sew almost everything by 10 and putting zippers in at 12. I've learned a few thing since than, but it's more in the line of techniques. Live in Wisconsin Rapids, families homestead.

    ReplyDelete